Forces don't work with when Client Side is on

To be more specific, forces don’t work when an outside influence applies it. If you have a key bind script like “When Unit presses W apply force 100” that works, but it it’s something like “when unit gets attacked apply force 100” that doesn’t work. Even walking up to a unit and pushing it doesn’t work. Also before you ask, yes the unit’s body type is dynamic.

(It’s really easy to test for your self, make a new game with client side on and try pushing units around)

I know the problem is because of Client Side stuff since I can actually get the unit getting affected by the force for half a second, but then the game moves them back where they were before. I’ve seen other people post having similar problems, but the most recent forum was 1-2 months old so I made a new one.

1 Like

You need to enable the action to run on the client.

After:

1 Like

Just tried that and it doesn’t work, I did it in entity scripts and global scripts using all the “Run On” options. Like I said before I can see the knockback, but then the unit just moves back into place. Also what trigger are you using for those scripts? Because I already said key bind stuff works fine, external stuff like “unit gets attacked” don’t work.

Here’s the screenshots of my script, let me know if you see something I don’t:

1 Like