Goodbye forum

im gonna leave so good bye forum
you wont see me or grimer as he is my alt
i had a good time here but farewell

4 Likes

The unfortunate thing is the Forum was meant to be a place of constructive critisms and discussions rather than a playground for all ages. I wish there was such a place in modd.io, as the volume generations are tweens and teens and I feel not a few of them just wants to interact with the same generatron. However, I admit it leads to an unkempt inundation of random topics, dwarfing the original purpose of the Forum, so I can’t say the Forums should be like what it was in July. Is there a solution that can reconcile the core functionality of this place with the needs of the majority teens?

I believe it’s to split the Forum into 2 parts, the discussion venue and the playground. The former restricts communication to that related to constructive modd.io discussion, but in the latter, users are free from such limitations, though toxicity and extreme dramas are prohibited. I don’t think it’s not realistic and cost-efficient to create another Forum from now on, so how about releasing General Discussion as such a place and making it so that conversation in that channel is not advertised in user tab or the main channel automatically? It will not only retain such youngsters but also prevent adults and sensible people from getting on their nerves.

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing this method and I don’t have any liability caused by the adoption of any attempts to adopt this method. I’m nothing more than a user, not a paid staff working for modd.io. Thank you.

4 Likes