How did chests inflate the economy?

i kinda liked the chests and im to lazy to try and figure out how they would inflate the economy

4 Likes

It was like give away real money💵

3 Likes

Because it will be too easy to get moddcoins

2 Likes

Yes, I’m on the same page with you. I don’t think they will overly facilitate us to earn modd.io coins for free after playing modd.io without chests for months.

Uhm

As there have been multiple threads and critics on the abolishment of daily chests for all users in modd.io back in late 2022, almost all of them did not give a detailed expression on why they were opposed to it. That’s why I’ve decided to wrap up on my thoughts why I am for the treasure chests.
Frankly speaking, I don’t think they will overly facilitate us to earn modd.io coins for free. There are 3 reasons supporting my idea.

The first is the amount of coins gained from the treasure chest were so small that they cannot be converted to real money. Before abolished, you got only 5 coins from a chest, which could be opened just once a day. Now the bare minimum requirement for coins to convert into real money is 17,000, which takes you 3400 days to get solely by them. As modd.io has been run on no more than 2100 days, I can safely say nobody has ever reached that amount without relying on other methods.

The second is alternative ways that are much more efficient. As you might know, there are other methods to obtain coins in game without paying your precious money for life. One way is in-game transfer, which was added back just one month ago. By getting a flag in escap.io, you can get up to 17 coins every time. If you get multiple flags in one day, it will be accumulated provided the coins paid out for that day do not still exceed 1000. So, via the way you can easily earn much more coins than you can by daily chests. On top of that, you can acquire coins with skin sales or owning a tier 2/5 game, which are more lucrative despite time-consuming.

The third one is that you can open a chest in your mobile app, which will yield 10 coins for every 72 hours. I am not just sure about why mobile users can still enjoy free coins or log-in bonus while PC players can’t. Although most of them have their phone number, which is hard to replace, it won’t be much of a problem that the anonymous nature of PC players will cause havoc on modd.io coin economy just because you cannot exchange them with real money unless you get as many as 17000 coins. For these reasons, I don’t think daily chests will not inflate or be disastrous to the economy.

3 Likes

10 coins for 500 players = 5 000 inflated coins in the community ( bubble money with no value create inflation), by not giving coins he actually make price lower

3 Likes

Let’s do cake at stake.

1 Like