How do i make it so when a player joins they can pick a team

I need to make it so when a player joins they get a message telling them they need to pick a team(if they dont they get turned into a ghost) their two choices are “Red” and “Blue” and they have to say one of those 2 colors in order to join a team.

I also need a script to make it when you do say blue or red your player changes into a different costume thing.So like if i say “Red” i change into a red player.

Pls help

2 Likes

To make the message telling them when they join, simply add a ‘send chat message to player’ action to an existing ‘player joins’ script or a script with ‘when player joins the game’ trigger:

Then, make another script with ‘when player sends chat message’ trigger. Check if the message is ‘Red’ or ‘Blue’ and change the unit owned by the triggering player accordingly. You may also want to add a player variable to keep track of whether or not a player has already chosen their team.

3 Likes

what type of variable is it? i know its player but i mean the type of the variable itself

2 Likes

The variable’s data type is boolean.

2 Likes

its not working so imma invite you

1 Like

i hope your user is kyle6914

2 Likes

Can you show your script then? Also my username is kyle69

2 Likes

i invited you and here
Screenshot 2023-03-21 8.44.17 PM

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-03-21 8.44.05 PM

2 Likes

Did you save your changes after making the script? I don’t see where you put this script anywhere.

2 Likes

i did but it deleted ;-;

2 Likes

could you maybe help me with this project?

2 Likes

Why don’t you remake it?

2 Likes