Is there a way to make a shop where the units can sell and buy items? (from other users)

have to have 20 charecters :confused:

If I’m understanding you correctly, you want a shop that takes the item from one player and gives it to the other when they make a purchase? You could just use the trading system rather than making a shop.

Unless you are absolutely sure you want to use a shop, instead of the trade system…?

the trading dose not work idk why might need tier3? but you cant get tier3 so idk

L BOZO I’LL GET TIER 3 ONE DAY. YOU’LL RUE THIS DDAY THAT YOU ACCUSED ME OF NEVER GETTING t3 (i once almost got t2 but i repubd)

Tier 3 doesn’t exist anymore.

I’ll just create a time machine

they removed tier3 stupid moron and its useless anyways you cant join games with teir3

trade does work its just not ez to use

whos stupid now 0-o (extra chr)

the modd.io trading

chhess made a tutorial on how to use it just look up Chhes on youtube or just ask him on discord

Ok thanks (extra cha)

Are you talking about this video? It seems like quite an old tutorial, and it’s not a good idea to be using a global variable to store the triggering unit because it may change between the time that the player answers Yes to the dialogue and the time they submit the input. Plus, it makes use of the make player initiate item trade with player action anyways which doesn’t work as of now.

Honestly there’s really no effective way to do this with a shop, since you can’t change shops with a script or anything. One way you could do a trading system similar to what you’re looking for (without using the trade action that doesn’t work) is with input modals, where the player inputs the name of the item they want to buy from the seller, I suppose.
Here’s the basic starter scripts for this system if you’re interested:

Here is that cut off show input modal action expanded:

The player type has two variables: submittingWhat, which identifies which input the player is currently submitting (buyingItemName, givingItemName, or acceptTrade), and tradingItem, which stores the name of the item that the player is offering in the trade.

Here is the link to the example game. There are some things to be improved, of course, such as using a player variable instead of a global variable to store the unitA and unitB of a particular trade so things don’t get messy with multiple trades happening at the same time, and perhaps storing the tradingItem as an item instead of the name of the item, but this example should help you get started on a working trading system.