Joining a (legacy) server with 10/20 filled says server is filled

"The following image shows what I am talking about. First off, the server is legacy so that may have something to do with it. Another important thing to note that I didn’t put in the title (to avoid long title) is that a new server didn’t open even after reloading and seeing this message multiple times . I do not know what the actual set limit is for this game, if it’s 10 or 20, but I do know that it said 20 is the max… It should have opened a new server nevertheless though.

1 Like

This is the worst glitch to happen, It displays false message tho

1 Like

It happens when a single device launches multiple tabs (players) at the same time.
The player count shown in the server list is that of unique IPs. Even if you have more than one player in one computer, the server counts as just 1 player. However, when it comes to the player limit, each player in your computer contributes to it.

For example, if a player owns 11 tabs, and another 9 players have one tab each, the player count will be 10 because there are 10 devices who are connecting to the game server, while the game does not accept additional players because there are already 20 players in the game.

If you don’t want your game to be like that, you can just turn off “Allow duplicate IP’s” in your game settings. You can go there by “Editor” → “Game Settings” → “Engine” → “Allow duplicate IP’s”.

1 Like

Oh, interesting! Thanks for the info. Nah, this isn’t my game, so I wouldn’t be able to fix it. But shouldn’t this not be possible ideally? I was under the impression that even if people could open multiple tabs, it wouldn’t count towards the limit. Since I never got inside the server, I didn’t realize that’s what must have been going on.

It would make more sense for modd.io servers to detect and kick botters when they limit someone from joining. Also, regardless, the fact that a new server never opened at all is an action that nobody can explain, but it’s probably some sort of glitch with creating new servers.

1 Like

Or just creating another server when it is full in terms of cumulative players, not unique IPs will do as long as there is no malicious botter.