[Moved to General Discussion] How to get every badge in this forum

I mean, we’re discussing on which badges that are impossible to get or not.

5 Likes

Yes, we’ve been talking about that.
And now I’m logging into the Forum for more than half days out of 100, but I need 6 more likes (from those other than s1cK) to get a Regular… ;-;

5 Likes

You got Regular badge! I congratulate you bro ;D

5 Likes

Yea, I thought I didn’t have enough likes received (31 from you and 10 from others), but I’m glad to get it by :slight_smile: Now I keep on liking great posts of the past and the present for the Crazy in Love badge, as well as aiming at Aficionado. Plus, now that I can see the lounge, which I’ve been wishing to see. Though I’m afraid it’s kinda troublesome to keep on 20 likes from others in a 100-day period to maintain this tier…

5 Likes

Don’t worry though, you won’t get demoted once you get Regular badge. There is a 2 week time. Kinda like once you get Regular badge you won’t be demoted immediately. If 2 weeks pass by then you have to maintain on what you’re doing or else you’ll be demoted.

5 Likes

and go on to click Twitter

oh no not twitter ;-;

5 Likes

@s1cK
Yes, that means in order to keep this badge, I have to care about the likes from other members… ;(
At least I believe in you about one-fifth of likes for the badge :stuck_out_tongue:

@PixelWilliam

Look at the left bottom of the image, and you’ll see the twitter icon (Yes, it was reverted back to the blue bird a while ago!) Btw, you can’t get “First Share” achievement just by clicking the twitter button. I haven’t tried to share any post on twitter in practice, so exactly, I’m not sure if you need to actually tweet or make a post in other platforms to earn that achievement, though I doubt I can get one doing so…

5 Likes

@s1cK
Btw, I’m trying to be through all the topics and messages, and I didn’t know there were several old topics without any category. Did you read all the messages posted in the Forum?

5 Likes

No. If I have a lot of free time, I can do that.

4 Likes

Okay, btw, it seems I got First Share achievement. It seems you can get it when you share a link to your topic outside the Forum and it is clicked there. Though I think the conditions for it is a bit confusing…

4 Likes

That’s a bit weird and little confusing. To get the First Share badge in the past, you have to post a link in this forum and you’ll get that badge. But you’ll get First Share badge by sharing a link to your topic outside now?

They should probably fix it to be honest. Some others don’t know the method to obtain that badge now.

4 Likes

Yes, it should be, or at least the exact requirements should be written in the badge’s description field.

4 Likes

Btw, there is a section where all the achievements are extremely hard to gain in today’s situation of modd.io Forum and no one has ever achieved any one of them, though not impossible like the previous ones I mentioned in #site-feedback .

Which do you think is the easiest among them?

5 Likes

It’s between Nice Reply and Nice Topic. I’m talking about receiving 10 likes on a reply and receiving 10 likes on a topic. But I’ll lean towards Nice Reply. Since you’ll get or recieve likes from other people in this forum by helping them on how to do that.

If you’re talking about the hardest. It’s definetly Popular Link. This forum is not popular enough and no way users will click that link unless it’s made by trustworthy users and they will click that link that you just made.

4 Likes

Yes. The site statistics tell there are just 100 people who were online (or active) for the last one month. Which means you need to get almost half of the active visitors to click your link for as long as one month. On top of that, the total number of members here is no more than 655. Which indicates it is IMPOSSIBLE to attain “Famous Link” achievement even if all the members rushed to click your ethereal link as if they were brainwashed!! Therefore, the link badges are just like moons, which are impossible to fetch with ladders.

Fig 1. Site Statistics of the Forum as of Apr 27, 2023

4 Likes

While you have 5 likes in a topic, so you may be able to get Nice Topic in the future.
Although I didn’t show you, how about Nice Share? You need 25 unique visitors via your link to a topic/reply. It may turn easier because the visitors do not have to register to be counted as ones unlike other likes badges, such as Nice Reply or Nice Topic.

5 Likes

Currently right now. We may get a lot of users here in this forum in the future but that will take too long.

You’re right. While you need to register or log in so that you can cast a like to that topic or a reply but in this case you don’t need to register or log in. Everyone can just click the link that you just made. So, maybe that’s the easiest.

5 Likes

92 replys
92 REPLYS
ON ONE TOPIC
HOW

5 Likes

We’re getting that one badge.
This:

Also, how are you doing and which badge you gonna obtain?

5 Likes

Yes, we want this thread to be by far the longest of all. And I’m now totally obsessed with the Badges system of Discourse forum. And yes, as s1cK mentioned, reaching 100 posts is a must.

5 Likes