So I was looking around modd

So I was looking around modd and I found this: Where to get free assets - Google Docs
Are any of these really useful?

2 Likes

No not at all if m0dE says it’s good whispers it’s not

2 Likes

What’s wrong with things that m0dE says are good…? I’d say that Kenny Assets is pretty useful.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I was looking around Kenny Assets, and, although there isn’t any character sprites, they make some pretty good tilesheets.

2 Likes

believe me there’s a lot wrong with what m0dE says is good and never watch the tutorial videos on modd.io I lost brain cells just looking at them

3 Likes

Well, the tutorial videos are mostly situational, the only thing I learned from them was how to do simple stuff which I probably would learn in a few minutes.

2 Likes

there’s a lot wrong with what m0dE says is good

Like what? Could you give an example of something “wrong” with anything that m0dE has said is good? I’ve never really found him misinformative myself but I’m open to discussion if you raise some examples.

never watch the tutorial videos on modd.io I lost brain cells just looking at them

Why? What is the reason that you lost braincells? If you could provide some basis for your argument I might understand. The videos are a little old because m0dE is a busy man, he has a job and bills to pay and he can’t keep working on modd.io all the time.

2 Likes

little old because m0dE is a busy man, he has a job and bills to pay and he can’t keep working on modd.io all the time.

fair but still man they have other devs that could do it.

2 Likes

ngl those tutorials barely teach u programming so it didnt help when I first joined moddio and wanted to learn how to change the value of a moddio attribute so I would say his tutorials are useless and also kenny doesnt always match with the moddio tile setter so a lot of the assets are useless as well but I used this sometimes when I needed stuff back then… not anymore tho
https://opengameart.org/
I do hope that m0dE and his new team adds newer(better) tutorials though because I still wish I could tell new moddio users to just watch the tutorials on the tutorial page but they wouldnt learn anything but how to add items,units,variables and attributes to ur game but not how to interact with them

2 Likes

Um, Kenney Sprites usually has a packed version for the tilesheets?

2 Likes

yes they do… u just gotta look through the zip file

2 Likes

sometime or more :grinning: so plase to not spam

1 Like